Intro | Map 1 | Map 2 | Map 3 | Map 4 | Map 5 | Map 6 | Map 7
5a | 5b | 5c | 5d | 5e | 5f | 5g | 5h | 5i | 5j | 5k | 5l | 5m | 5n
- Stairs up to the first level (5).
- Stairs up to the fourth deep.
- When you enter the shaded area on the map, the passage may fill with mist, see below.
- You are attacked by three trolls.
- Using perception you hear a bird crying 'Gandalf'. Use a prybar to free the bird. It darts out of the room. If you use the prybar again later, a voice tells you to burn the bridge.
- Using perception you hear a muffled sound. Use a prybar. A voice voice tells you to burn the bridge.
- Using perception you hear a muffled sound. Use a prybar. Two olog-hai jump out and attack.
- Orc smithy. You are attacked by six uruk-hai. Get the axe and magic mail. Use perception to find and get a suit of mithril mail, as well.
- Passage down to the sixth deep.
- The script for the mist depends on a variable that is not set in the standard version, so the mist never appears. There is another error in the script that tests a variable when it should test your direction. In the enhanced version, the values for the directions were changed, and so – apparently by mistake – the game now checks a variable that actually exists when it should check your direction. The variable keeps track of whether you have pried open the slab at #7 on the third deep, or not. If you did, the script works, but only when you cross the east border of the area. The mist is supposed to lift when you exit the area. It works when you walk west, but to dispel the screwed-up mist when walking east, you have to go back west a few steps then cross the invisible border again.