Intro | Map 1 | Map 2 | Map 3 | Map 4 | Map 5 | Map 6 | Map 7
3a | 3b | 3c | 3d | 3e | 3f
- Bob Thistlewood.
- Nick Underhill's hole. The door is open during the day; at night you can use picklock to get in. Nick is not glad to see you in either case.
- Curio Shoppe. Buy the green skull. Gold rings can be traded later.
- Ann Lilypool's house. If the Black Riders have not yet been driven off at the ford of Bruinen, Ann answers your questions.
- A howling sound is heard. There are wolves nearby.
- Three wargs attack.
|Bob Thistlewood||News, Weathertop, Monster/Scary, Cave, Bree, Gandalf, Rayf/Brogan, Bill/Ferny, Strider/Ranger, Black Rider, Sharkey, Mushroom|
|Ann Lilypool||News, Gandalf, Help, Luthien, Black Rider, Strider, Ranger/Dunedain, Bree, Mordor|| ||
|Stores & prices|
|Curio Shoppe||green skull||20|
|Bob Thistlewood||warm clothes||5|| |
- On the hilltop marked '?' there is a hotspot, but the script for it is empty. This may be a convenient place to mention two unused strings in the map data. At some stage during development, one of Radagast's brown birds appeared somewhere in the Bree area: 'A small brown bird with a broken wing is thrashing on the ground.' The second string, perhaps to be displayed when you approached the bird or tried to help it in some way, hints at the Broken wing in the Weathertop caves: 'With a cry of "Gandalf! Gandalf!" the bird soars towards Weathertop as if its wing had never been broken.' I do not know why the encounter was never implemented.
- Paragraphs 97 and 105 in the manual point to a subquest that involved locating Bob's uncle (Tim Thistlewood) in the Midgewater area, with paragraph 74 as a red herring. If so the subquest was never implemented. However, all three paragraphs may have been put in as red herrings. (The surname is 'Thistlewool' in the books.)
- Being a seer, Ann Lilypool is decidedly not very precise. Her answer when asked about 'Bree' refers to Weathertop. If you ask about 'Luthien', she describes a memorial place very much like a cave in the Trollshaws, although technically she is correct that you can learn about Luthien in the Weathertop caves.
- The hotspot for Ann Lilypool covers and hides a second hotspot with a fully functional script. In the second script, the house is inhabited by a woman hobbit, Win Sandheaver, whom you can ask about a number of things (News, Skull, Ruffian, Bree, Bill/Ferny, Rayf/Brogan, Willa/Bloom, Ranger, Weathertop, Last Bridge).