Intro | Map 1 | Map 2 | Map 3 | Map 4 | Map 5 | Map 6 | Map 7
1a | 1b | 1c | 1d | 1e | 1f | 1g | 1h
HOBBITON & BYWATER
- Will Whitfoot.
- Hobbiton Inn.
- Green Dragon Tavern.
Trade the axe to Druin to make him join the Fellowship.
- Great Road Goods.
Buy two torches from Jolly and equip Sam and Pippin with them. (Use the get feature to buy things.) If you bring Taffy to her father, Jolly offers you four rations for the trip to Buckland. Get the rations.
- Pearl Took.
- The Grange.
If you bring Freddi to his father, the grumpy farmer gives you the pony that he was grooming. The animal joins you automatically.
|Druin||News, Burglar/Baggins, Uncle, Moria|
|Stores & prices|
|Green Dragon Inn||ale||2|
|Great Road Goods||rations||3|
- Food and drink restore health but are only effective at healing once per day. Ale restores 1 life point, rations restore 2 life points.
- Pearl Took's initial response differs depending on whether Pippin is present or not.
- Druin's reply to 'News' is random. There are four possible responses. You need to walk away from Druin a bit and then reapproach him for his response to change. He will only respond to the keyword 'Baggins' 50% of the time due to the way the script was written.
- Do not enter the Hobbiton Inn with Druin as he abandons the Fellowship at the smell of ale. (You could simply recruit him again if you wanted to. This is probably a bug.)
- For Great Road Goods, the standard walkthrough describes a strange procedure where you have Taffy buy lots of rations without spending any money. I don't know how to reproduce this glitch.
- You can simply recruit the pony at the Grange, with or without the boy. This may not be intentional.
- The bartender at the Green Dragon Inn isn't supposed to respond to questions, but due to a bug he will 'inherit' the response of his colleague at the Hobbiton Inn if you went there first.
- In version 1.0, if you ask Jolly for 'News', you may get the response shown in the screenshot below. This interesting rumour was taken out in later versions.