Rewrite of the game engine for very famous Lord of the Rings Game by Interplay. The game captures the athmosphere of Middle Earth very well and it is regarded as one of the best Tolkien inspired games ever. It is an old-fashioned RPG covering most of the book events but adds more quests. I like that the game gives the player a lot of freedom and I believe the replayability is high. Check the complete walkthough by Dront to get the an idea how huge the game is.
See my web page for the contact information. Patches, comments and bug reports are always welcomed.
- Git repository: git clone http://git.wonderland.cz/lotr
- Current version: lotr-0.6.5.tgz
- Paragraph texts: para.dat (put into directory /usr/local/share/games/lotr/)
- The precompiled binaries are usually somewhat older than the recent source.
- Precompiled demo (with demo game data) for Linux: lotr-demo.tgz
- Newer demo version for Linux amd64: lotr-demo64.tgz
- Windows binary: lotr.7z (courtesy of Tramb)
- Mac OSX binary: LotrGameEngine.dmg (courtesy of Elf)
- Amiga OS4 binary: lotr.lha (courtesy of SpotUP)
- Pandora binary: LotR.pnd (courtesy of EvilDragon)
- The Underdogs game entry.
- Complete walkthough by Dront
- The Tolkien Games site game entry
- The Linux Game Tome game entry
- Paul Jaquays page (the game designer)
- Game data
- 2009/08/23 New version 0.6.5 released. Bugfixes.
- 2009/02/21 New version 0.6.4 released. Many bugfixes, much improved GUI.
- 2009/02/15 Homepage moved to wonderland.cz.
New version 0.6.3 released — sound system ported to SDL_mixer, code cleanups, gui tweaks, in-game spot code listing.
- 0.6.0 Python scripting support for user enhancements.
- 0.5.10 CD version support (including video cutscene player).
Display paragraph texts from para.dat instead of just number.
- 0.5.5 Added experimental (unplayable) support for The Two Towers.